Marketing Business Development Manager
Impact Sciences is specifically seeking a Marketing Business Development Manager for our Los Angeles office. This position requires a strategic thinker with a proven track record of developing connections and growing markets. The role includes cultivating market opportunities, business planning, strategic partnerships, business and financial analytics in close coordination with executives and key staff in the organization. The ideal candidate will have a background in environmental planning, environmental science, or a related field.
10+ years of experience in management and/or marketing in the environmental/construction or related industry.
- Previous experience managing and leading a team of 4+ people.
- Prior experience in managing the proposal development process.
- Proactive and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Focused, strong organizational skills and effective leadership capabilities.
- Proven history of developing and implementing creative business development strategies.
- Software proficiencies in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of AP style.
- Report to the Managing Principal and oversee the Business Development / Marketing team including the allocation of resources, scheduling and assigning work, overall team performance and mentoring in industry standards.
- Partner with Practice Leaders to establish effective processes and protocols to support marketing efforts firm wide.
- Manage and oversee timelines in delivering quality and on-time proposals, qualifications, and presentations.
- Identify short- and long-term obstacles and provide targeted solutions that meet Impact Sciences’ Business Development objectives.
- Establish and monitor annual Business Development Team budgets, success metrics, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and taking corrective action.
- Develop and consistently improve business development templates including RFP’s, RFQ’s, Project Database and CRM, and staff resumes to reflect Impact Sciences’ brand, story, and comprehensive business strategy.
- Actively involved in representing Impact Sciences through business development efforts, both internally and externally, including attendance at industry conferences, trade shows, and webinars.
- Responsible for analyzing team’s current workflow processes and offering input towards continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with internal staff to continuously manage and strengthen internal marketing processes.
- Oversee and facilitate a go/no go process in coordination with Principals.
- Participate in project pursuit and interview strategy meetings.
Interested? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Primary responsibilities include leading the CEQA process and preparing documentation for a wide range of development projects and plans, managing project teams including sub-consultants; mentoring staff; and assisting with overall group administration. The role involves direct client interaction, proactive business development, and the preparation of competitive proposals in response to RFPs/RFQs.
An ideal candidate must possess effective problem-solving ability and exceptional writing and editing capabilities. Strong knowledge of and experience with CEQA and NEPA compliance is a must. Experience in effectively managing project budgets and timelines is also necessary. Experience working with public and private clients in a private consulting firm is also necessary. Qualified candidates should have at least a BA/BS in a related discipline, a minimum of 4 years of experience; or Master’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience.
Responsibilities include collecting data, conducting surveys, and performing project research regarding environmental impact reports and other environmental documentation. Our Staff Planners conduct general field assessments including, but not limited to, noise and air modeling, land use studies, socio-economic studies, and historical/archaeological studies. Other responsibilities include:
- Interpreting and composing Categorical Exclusions, Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Reports and other technical reports as needed.
- Gathering and preparing materials and data for proposal presentations.
- Performing site studies and preparing and assessing environmental impact studies.
- Contributing to alternative recommendations.
- Attending meetings both inside and outside the firm pertaining to existing and potential projects (e.g., public awareness groups and regulatory agencies).
- Coordinating and consulting with federal, state and local regulatory agencies on scope and impact of a project.
- Assisting with various projects and/or assignments, as needed.
Candidates will have the ability to formulate and conduct technical planning studies in a timely and efficient manner while producing results in a concise, well-written document. Qualified candidates should have at least a BA /BS in environmental studies, earth science, planning, or a related field and experience from 0-2 years.
Air Quality Specialist
Responsibilities include preparing emissions estimates using computer models such as CalEEMod and MOVES as well as data sources such as EMFAC, OFFROAD, and AP-42; performing dispersion modeling using AERMOD, CAL3QHCR, and similar tools; preparing health risk assessments; supporting and defending air quality and GHG analyses during public meetings; and assisting in the preparation and delivery of proposals, presentations, and interviews. Furthermore, Air Quality Specialists are expected to stay up-to-date with ongoing changes in federal, state, and applicable local regulations, plans, and policies affecting air quality and GHG analysis.
The ideal candidate should be equipped to prepare air quality and GHG analyses and technical reports in support of CEQA and NEPA documentation for various public and private sector projects, including mixed-use development projects, transportation, infrastructure, institutional, recreation, and specific plans. A successful specialist will be comfortable interacting with clients and building relationships.
- Modified Work Schedule (9/80)
- Pet-Friendly office
- Group Health Care Coverage including:
- Employee-Assistance Program
- Group Basic Term Life Insurance
- Group Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Incentive Compensation
- Flexible Spending
- Paid-Time Off:
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Floating Holidays
- 401(K) Salary Deferral Plan with Company Match